Dedicated Support Through An Estate Proceeding
Handling someone else’s estate can be overwhelming. You may find managing wills or other financial issues extremely difficult during an emotional time. At Fountain City Law Group, we can help you through every probate or estate administration issue – even if there was no estate plan or will. We understand this is a difficult time and will do everything in our power to support you and ensure that any assets or inheritances are managed appropriately.
Simplifying The Probate Process
The probate process is determined by Tennessee state laws. Our knowledgeable probate lawyer has handled probate cases for decades and will stay by your side throughout the court process. We offer experienced guidance to executors of estates, concerned loved ones and beneficiaries. We understand the system and know how to manage your probate situation so that the process goes as smoothly as possible.
We have managed the most challenging probate concerns and can help you with these probate matters:
- Petitioning the court to probate a will
- Contested wills
- Identifying assets and debts of the deceased
- The intestate probate process when someone has died without a will
Other Estate Administration Issues
Not every estate goes through the probate court process. Many people arrange their assets to avoid probate. In addition, certain estates can be administered using an affidavit process. Examples of assets that may not need probate include:
- Jointly held assets: This could be a bank account, a car or a house. Joint assets include rights of survivorship for the other owner, meaning they automatically become the sole owner.
- Transfer on death (TOD) or payable on death (POD) accounts: Many people create these types of bank accounts to automatically transfer to a beneficiary upon their death.
- Life insurance policy: Policies name a beneficiary to receive the money upon proof of death.
No matter what situation you face with your loved one’s estate, we are ready to help you with a thorough and proper administration. We work diligently, always with your best outcome in mind. Let us be your helpful legal advocate at this emotional time.
Find Out How We Can Help
If you are looking for assistance with probate or other estate administration issues, the highly skilled probate attorney at our Knoxville firm is ready to help. Call our firm at 865-888-5642 or fill out our online form to schedule a free initial phone consultation.